I have been in the middle of moving. I will return in a few weeks! Sorry to my legions of loyal readers!
Here is a quick soup recipe that I made last night.
Lentil Soup
3/4 cup of lentils (color isn't important, but I used green)
4 cups chicken stock
2 carrots chopped fine
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped
3 slices of bacon chopped
couple sprigs of thyme
handful of spinach
In a large sauce pan or stock pot cook bacon until starting to crisp over medium to medium high heat. Add in your onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes or until veggies start to get soft. Add garlic for another couple minutes. Add lentils and allow them to cook for a minute or two. Pour in stock and toss in your thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft. Remove thyme stems. Throw in your spinach and take soup off of heat. Mmm Mmm Good!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment