Me: "What do you want to do for lunch?"
Him: "I don't know. What do you want to do?"
Me: "Um. Not sure. You craving anything?"
Him: "No. You?"
Me: "No. Any ideas?"
Him: "Not really. You?"
Me: "Not really."
I swear I lose at least 20 minutes of
f my life every time we have one of those conversations. So we get into the car and drive. This time I'm driving, so of course it kind of comes down to me to make the decision because I'm steering the large metal box on wheels. So I randomly drive and I'm thinking to myself, 'I'd like somewhere with comfortable chairs. I'd kind of like coffee. Brian wants lunch and I kind of want breakfast. I like independent restaurants, not chains, but not too busy. I DON'T KNOW....OH GOD WE ARE NEVER GOING TO EAT AND I'M GOING TO DIE OF STARVATION BECAUSE ALL WE SAY TO EACH OTHER IS "I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" AHHHHHH!' My mental breakdown was interrupted because I saw a man standing on the side of the road saying 'A2Z cafe is open for breakfast'. Huh. I've never been to A2Z Cafe, but God has spoken in those mysterious ways she has.
f my life every time we have one of those conversations. So we get into the car and drive. This time I'm driving, so of course it kind of comes down to me to make the decision because I'm steering the large metal box on wheels. So I randomly drive and I'm thinking to myself, 'I'd like somewhere with comfortable chairs. I'd kind of like coffee. Brian wants lunch and I kind of want breakfast. I like independent restaurants, not chains, but not too busy. I DON'T KNOW....OH GOD WE ARE NEVER GOING TO EAT AND I'M GOING TO DIE OF STARVATION BECAUSE ALL WE SAY TO EACH OTHER IS "I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" AHHHHHH!' My mental breakdown was interrupted because I saw a man standing on the side of the road saying 'A2Z cafe is open for breakfast'. Huh. I've never been to A2Z Cafe, but God has spoken in those mysterious ways she has. 
God is wise, my friends. This is a little place located at 4705 E. 96th Street Indianapolis. It's between Keystone and Allisonville on 96th street. It fit every single desire in my little heart. Comfortable seats, coffee, lunch or breakfast, independent, and not too busy. We waited for a table for about 5 minutes. YAY! I had french toast, eggs, and fruit. My husband had the steak and eggs skillet (he changed his mind about wanting lunch). The french toast was wonderful, made from Cinnamon swirl bread, but my favorite part was the fruit. It had mango, (yes mango!) pineapple, strawberries, grapes, and peaches. I love it! Why should something so lovely as a side of fruit be degraded into that sad, too-cold-and-kinda-slimy melon mess? The steak and eggs skillet was also really good, with rich savory flavors; a very manly meal. I am sure he will use this man fuel to do manly things, such as cleaning the gutters or stand around and stare at an engine of a car and make thoughtful noises in the back of his throat. The prices were reasonable. We got out of there for $25.00, including tip!

The decor is bright and cheerful with wooden accents. The place is small and the staff was fine. Our server didn't shine, but the food was there and she checked on us frequently.
I am very interested in returning for lunch or dinner. They have a hazelnut goat cheese salad that sounds fantastic. All and all, A2Z Cafe saved the day...literally. No, you pick the restaurant. NO, you pick the restaurant. No, YOU pick the restaurant...Until I'm texting one of my friends to ask if she can be my alibi for today and if she knows how deep a hole needs to be in order to keep the wild dogs from digging it up. But then I realize, duh, I sent the text message and any CSI worth their salt will certainly check the phone records and find the evidence of my plot! Note to self: have a standing arrangement with a friend on alibi. Thanks A2Z for keeping me out of jail.

No comments:
Post a Comment