2.5-3 pounds Boston butt pork
2 bottles Corona Light
2 jalapenos
1 large onion
1 18 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce
Slice the onions and halve the jalapenos and discard the seeds. Add all of the ingredients except the BBQ sauce into the crockpot. If you are cooking it for 5-6 hours, set the pot on high. If you are cooking it for 7+ hours, set it on low. My crockpot only has high or low. After the cooking time, and if the pork is cooked all of the way through and is falling off the bone, then comes the only real work associated with this meal. You have to fork your pork. No, that wasn't a typo. You have to chunk up the pork and then shred it, and the easiest way to do this is by pulling the pork in two different directions with two forks until it's in little shreds. This is the 'pulled' part of 'pulled pork'. Combine the shredded pork and the onions from the crockpot in a bowl and douse liberally with your favorite BBQ sauce and mix to combine. Discard the cooking liquid and the jalapenos.
"But Linda, you proclaim to be a kitchen diva, with a proclivity in all things culinary! Why aren't you making your own BBQ sauce?"
Um. Because I don't wanna. I like the texture of bottled BBQ, which I am sure is some sort of processed corn product like xathan gum, which goes against my entire food philosophy, but sometimes a girl just has to open a bottle of BBQ if you know what I mean. Anyway, I haven't found a homemade recipe for BBQ that satisfies that finger-lickin' backyard cookout taste that I want from a sauce. Plus, this sauce is the boss! The label doesn't lie! This is delicious stuff and entirely worthy of a place in my pantry.How do I like my BBQed pulled pork? I like it on a good wheat kaiser roll, topped with cold slaw and dill pickle potato chips. Oh yeahhhhhhhh.

Oh, and if you are wondering why I don't have a picture of my pulled pork, it's because everyone ATE it before I could get my camera out. I can assure you that my pulled pork looks exactly like everyone else's: brownish-red shredded pieces of meat. Here's a picture, and it looks pretty much like mine. Only mine's better.

No comments:
Post a Comment