Monday, February 2, 2009

Balanced Harvest


I just got my confirmation email! I'm officially a renter of a small share of Balanced Harvest Farm. It is through the Community Supported Agriculture program. If you don't know about CSAs, let me tell you, they are wonderful programs. I purchase a share before the growing season, and in return each week I get a bag of fresh, seasonal, local produce. This is a wonderful business arrangement for both the farmer and myself because the farmer doesn't have to take out loans at the beginning of the season, and I get the freshest possible produce! Can you imagine? My food will be barely out of the ground before it hits my kitchen! HA! Kick me out of the farmer's market for fondling the melons, will you...I'll find a way to get fresh food, my pretties! For more information about CSAs, go to localharvest.org to find a CSA program near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment