As per tradition, I will make this first post about me and why I have decided to start blogging. I guess the bottom line is that I love food. I really enjoy everything about food, except cleaning the kitchen after the food has been prepared. I love the way food looks. Is there anything prettier than a stem of flat leaf parsley on a white plate? Or the bright color of a lemon? I love the way it smells and I really love the way it tastes. I enjoy cooking and I enjoying eating out.
I also have a distinctly un-American food philosophy. I don’t diet. I’m not overweight and I’m not underweight. I believe in eating what I want in the way I want it, but I also believe in stopping when I am satisfied. I put half-and-half in my coffee and butter on my bread. I won’t eat no-fat or low-fat cheese. I believe that a lot of what you eat should be recognizable as what it is when it is found in nature. My perfect sack lunch is a slice of whole grain bread with dried fruit in it, a hunk of sharp cheddar cheese, and a big bunch of ripe grapes. I do believe in eating something simply because it tastes good, and I also believe in eating something simply because it is healthful for your body. I believe that you will crave things that your body gets often, so if you give your body McDonalds regularly, you will crave McDonalds and if you give your body roasted red peppers regularly, you will crave roasted red peppers. I believe in eating colorful foods. I don’t believe that my food philosophy will work for everyone, but it makes me feel at peace with food.
I judge people when they say they love mcnuggets.
I also have a distinctly un-American food philosophy. I don’t diet. I’m not overweight and I’m not underweight. I believe in eating what I want in the way I want it, but I also believe in stopping when I am satisfied. I put half-and-half in my coffee and butter on my bread. I won’t eat no-fat or low-fat cheese. I believe that a lot of what you eat should be recognizable as what it is when it is found in nature. My perfect sack lunch is a slice of whole grain bread with dried fruit in it, a hunk of sharp cheddar cheese, and a big bunch of ripe grapes. I do believe in eating something simply because it tastes good, and I also believe in eating something simply because it is healthful for your body. I believe that you will crave things that your body gets often, so if you give your body McDonalds regularly, you will crave McDonalds and if you give your body roasted red peppers regularly, you will crave roasted red peppers. I believe in eating colorful foods. I don’t believe that my food philosophy will work for everyone, but it makes me feel at peace with food.
I judge people when they say they love mcnuggets.

No comments:
Post a Comment