We got lots of corn for our CSA this week. This makes Linda a very happy girl. I do enjoy a nice ear of corn slathered with butter and salt, but I wanted to do something today that wasn't use straight corn-on-the-cob. On Sundays I usually try to make something that I can keep the leftovers for lunches this next week. This week I decided to make vegetarian fajitas.
Vegetarian Fajitas
3 ears of corn with the kernals shaved off
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 small onion, sliced
1.5 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning (or other Mexican type seasoning)
1 handful cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt
Saute onions and green peppers over medium high heat in some olive oil. When starting to soften add the corn and garlic. When the corn starts to have some dark brown spots on it add the black beans. After a few minutes and stirring often, add the lime juice, seasoning and salt. Remove from heat and toss in the cilantro. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings like cheese, salsa and hot sauce.
The Results: I actually would have liked more corn, since corn was supposed to be the star of this show. I think maybe two more ears would have been good. The black beans kind of overpowered things. Ultimately though this was darn good. It was a good use of the corn and it make enough for several lunches this week.
The breakdown: The corn and onion was from my CSA. The black beans, cilantro, lime, tortillas, and Mrs. Dash were from the grocery. I don't know what grade that gets. Maybe a B-?
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment